LVM support for the installer

Suggestions and feedback for Linux Mint and the forums
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read: Where to post ideas & feature requests
bluelupo

LVM support for the installer

Post by bluelupo »

Hello,
it would be nice if the installer in the Debian version (LMDE) by LinuxMint an installation option for LVM system (Logical Volume Manager) would be available. That is, all file systems can be added to logical volumes. The functionality of the LVM installation could be in something like the Debian installer or the installer of Aptosid.

Is this feature for the next version of LMDE planned? I have many years experience with the LVM and install all my Linux systems in this way.

Greetings
bluelupo
Emmanuel_Chanel
Level 1
Level 1

I want LVM support also on Linux Mint 13.

Post by Emmanuel_Chanel »

Hello! I agree this suggestion.
I installed Linux Mint 13 Maya the MATE 64bit edition with LVM with reading Mint + LVM?. LVM is convenient also for other versions, too. It let me resize swap partition and so on easily. Maybe, some want to use Linux Raid, too.
If the installer supported Linux Raid LVM by default, nobody would mistake on installing Linux Mint with Linux Raid or with LVM.
AlbertP
Level 16
Level 16

Re: LVM support for the installer

Post by AlbertP »

@ Emmanuel_Chanel: You are responding to a topic about Linux Mint Debian (LMDE). Please open a new topic instead of asking your question here. There are how-to's available how to install Mint (Ubuntu-based) on LVM.
Registered Linux User #528502
Feel free to correct me if I'm trying to write in Spanish, French or German.

Return to “Suggestions & Feedback”