[Solved] Conky help please?

Add functionality to your desktop
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
delicious

[Solved] Conky help please?

Post by delicious »

I just installed LM13 Cinnamon and I found a conky thing that looked cool on deviantart. I downloaded it and extracted the .conkyrc to my home folder as it said in the directions.
When i go to terminal and type in conky though its just like the default black block white text thing and not what I assumed it would be.

Also i dont see the .conkyrc in my home folder at all, but it is there because hwen I try to drag n drop / extracte dfile it asks to replace.

Sorry im new. I was going to put this in the newbie folder, but I thought it would get more attention here.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Habitual

Re: Conky help please?

Post by Habitual »

a .conkyrc (notice the period) is Hidden by default.

Try terminal >

Code: Select all

conky -c ~/.conkyrc
and see if it uses the downloaded .rc file.

Please let us know...
delicious

Post by delicious »

Thank you for the reply!

It is telling me this

Conky: invalid configuration file '/home/delicious/.conkyrc'

EDIT: As I mentioned i cant really see the file in my home folder, but this is what it says when i look at the file in the zip that i extracted there.

Code: Select all

use_xft yes
xftfont 123:size=8
xftalpha 0.1
update_interval 3
total_run_times 0
own_window yes
own_window_type widget
own_window_transparent yes
own_window_hints undecorated,below,sticky,skip_taskbar,skip_pager
double_buffer yes
minimum_size 300 100
maximum_width 1280
draw_shades yes
draw_outline no
draw_borders no
draw_graph_borders no
default_color e0e0e0
default_shade_color black
default_outline_color green
alignment bottom_left
gap_x 35
gap_y 75
no_buffers yes
uppercase no
cpu_avg_samples 2
net_avg_samples 1
override_utf8_locale yes
use_spacer right

TEXT
${voffset 10}${color #dddddd}${font Ubuntu:pixelsize=120}${time %H:%M}${font}${voffset -84}${offset 10}${color #FCD97B}${font Ubuntu:pixelsize=42}${time %d}${voffset -14}${color #dddddd}${font Ubuntu:pixelsize=22} ${time  %B} ${time %Y}${font}${voffset 24}${font Ubuntu:pixelsize=58}${offset -165}${time %A}${font}
${voffset -2}${offset 12}${font Ubuntu:pixelsize=10}${color #FCD97B}HD ${offset 5}$color${fs_free /home} / ${fs_size /home}${offset 15}${color #FCD97B}RAM ${offset 5}$color$mem / $memmax${offset 15}${color #FCD97B}CPU ${offset 5}$color${cpu cpu0}%${offset 15}${color #FCD97B}DOWN$color${offset 5}${if_existing /proc/net/route eth1}${downspeed eth1}${else}${if_existing /proc/net/route wlan0}${downspeed wlan0}${else}${if_existing /proc/net/route eth0}${downspeed eth0}${endif}${endif}${endif}${offset 15}${color #FCD97B}UP$color${offset 5}${if_existing /proc/net/route eth1}${upspeed eth1}${else}${if_existing /proc/net/route wlan0}${upspeed wlan0}${else}${if_existing /proc/net/route eth0}${upspeed eth0}${endif}${endif}${endif}
EDIT 2:

I was looking at youtube videos and something said to go to terminal and type gedit ~/.conkyrc so i did, but it was blank. I just copied and pasted the above code and it worked! - kinda.....

Nots like cut off som im just trying to mess around with some of the numbers, but i have absolutely no idea what im doing.
ive been messing with the -84 offset up to like. 110 right now i think and i can see almost everything, but its like too condensed? .
the #s on the time are cut off and the computer information is in the mmiddle of the numbers.

So my new question is any help there, and to get it to be non military time display if possible. and to negate a 01:12 or something if it does that just so it says 1:12pm.

And lastly some weather widget to go along with it with todays forecast? i can figure out the location code i think. I remember doing that once with LM12 in the top bar thing.
delicious

Post by delicious »

Bump. Any help on the last post?
hyuga

Post by hyuga »

I can't help you on that, I don't know conky all that well, but...
Try "conky-colors", you just select what style and plugins you want, and it does the configuring for you. You can get conky-colors here:
http://helmuthdu.deviantart.com/art/CON ... -244793180

It works with LM13, check out my screenshot:
Last edited by hyuga on Mon Jun 11, 2012 4:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
delicious

Post by delicious »

Thank you for the help. For some reason on my particular code i just changed the main clock font size and everything else fit fine. When i adjusted EVERYTHING ELSE nothing major happened.

Thank you for the reply. And [Solved]. Try adjusting font size if you have htis problem!

Return to “Compiz, Conky, Docks & Widgets”