Wallpaper license

Style your desktop
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
andersnp

Wallpaper license

Post by andersnp »

Hi,

I wonder what the license is for the wallpapers. Are they GPL too, or are there any other restrictions. I would like to use one of them on my webpage, but I am not sure what license or rules that applies to them?

Thanks,
Anders
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
remoulder
Level 17
Level 17

Re: Wallpaper license

Post by remoulder »

http://www.linuxmint.com/faq.php and http://linuxmint-art.org/help/faq1.php? ... 652c86d724 may be useful, but it may also depend on which wallpapers you want to use. You may want to email Clem directly if unsure.
[Edit] your original post and add [SOLVED] once your question is resolved.

“The people are my God” stressing the factor determining man’s destiny lies within man not in anything outside man, and thereby defining man as the dominator and remoulder of the world.
dagon
Level 7
Level 7

Post by dagon »

Every file/package that is installed from the repositories, including wallpapers, has a license file included. This is installed under:

Code: Select all

/usr/share/doc/"package-name"/copyright
1. find the name of the wallpaper
2. search in synaptic (package manager) to find the name of the package it's in.
3. less /usr/share/doc/"package-name"/copyright
andersnp

Post by andersnp »

Thanks dagon,

It seems all wallpapers are released under GPLv3, so it should be ok for me.
Is there a way to determine to learn who made the wallpaper or took the shot? I would like to post a credit; In case I can not determine the author I will post a credit to Linux Mint.

Thanks,
Anders.

PS. Dagon, it seems we originate from the same area. I went to high school in Kungälv. Cheers.
dagon wrote:Every file/package that is installed from the repositories, including wallpapers, has a license file included. This is installed under:

Code: Select all

/usr/share/doc/"package-name"/copyright
1. find the name of the wallpaper
2. search in synaptic (package manager) to find the name of the package it's in.
3. less /usr/share/doc/"package-name"/copyright
dagon
Level 7
Level 7

Post by dagon »

Is there a way to determine to learn who made the wallpaper or took the shot? I would like to post a credit; In case I can not determine the author I will post a credit to Linux Mint.
What package/wallpaper is it?
It may be quoted on the forum and be presented in the art section somewhere.[/quote]
PS. Dagon, it seems we originate from the same area. I went to high school in Kungälv. Cheers.
I only moved here two years ago. I'm originally from Värmdö (east of Stockholm)

Return to “Themes, Icons & Wallpaper”