mintMenu 1.8 released!

Releases and other announcements.
Please don't post support questions here
Forum rules
Section reserved for the team. You can reply to announcements here but not post new topics. Do not add support questions to threads here, use the appropriate support forum instead.
clem
Level 12
Level 12

mintMenu 1.8 released!

Post by clem »

This version is a significant step forward compared to mintMenu 1.7. Please install it and give it a try. Feedback and bug reports (in this thread) are welcome.

Changes:

- The little window that used to appear when you started Gnome is now gone (it was due to mintMenu).
- If there are no "favorite" applications the menu shows all applications by default instead of the empty favorite tab
- When launching a search the menu now closes itself.
- When launching a search the menu button now toggles itself OFF.
- When writing in the textfield no filter is done anymore.
- You can now search by simply pressing the return key (same as when search button is clicked).

How to install:

Code: Select all

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get upgrade
then remove the mintMenu applet and add it to the panel again.

Clem
Last edited by clem on Wed Feb 07, 2007 5:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
AlsaPhil

Post by AlsaPhil »

fantastic, Clem! Works super :D
jes

Post by jes »

Bug in MM 1.8 i install the new release and when i type openoffice i the MM it dos not start finding openoffice it worked in 1.6 -1.7
clem
Level 12
Level 12

Post by clem »

Jes: " When writing in the textfield no filter is done anymore. "
maximus659
Level 1
Level 1

Re: mintMenu 1.8 released!

Post by maximus659 »

clem wrote:This version is a significant step forward compared to mintMenu 1.7. Please install it and give it a try. Feedback and bug reports (in this thread) are welcome.

Changes:

- The little window that used to appear when you started Gnome is now gone (it was due to mintMenu).
- If there are no "favorite" applications the menu shows all applications by default instead of the empty favorite tab
- When launching a search the menu now closes itself.
- When launching a search the menu button now toggles itself OFF.
- When writing in the textfield no filter is done anymore.
- You can now search by simply pressing the return key (same as when search button is clicked).

How to install:

Code: Select all

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get upgrade
then remove the mintMenu applet and add it to the panel again.

Clem

The menu looks great so thank you. However the best feature for me was the instant search and now it seems to be gone. Before I used be able to type just few letters and the menu displays the corresponding applications just like Windows Vista but now I have to launch the actual search box which in my opinion is not a good idea specially when you have a search icon on the panel outside the menu.
jes

Post by jes »

#maximus659

i will mis it to
maximus659
Level 1
Level 1

Post by maximus659 »

Glad I'm not the only one. Is there any way that filter feature could be turned on again?
historyb
Level 2
Level 2

Post by historyb »

Menu looks good. I liked the instant search too. :)
clem
Level 12
Level 12

Post by clem »

I'll find a way to bring the "filtering" back in the next version but it won't be activated by default.

Clem
maximus659
Level 1
Level 1

Post by maximus659 »

Clem, You're the best!
nick
Level 5
Level 5

mintMenu 1.8 released!

Post by nick »

Hi Clem
just booted into Gnome (have all of KDE added) all of KDE applications are there,
along with everything else, have a LOT of programs, everything from Ham Radio,all show up OK
Might even stick with Gnome for the first time for 8 years :) :)

Good work and Thanks - Nick
npap
Level 6
Level 6

mintMenu 1.8 released!

Post by npap »

By the way,
Where is the Storage Device Manager? It is very useful in mounting external HDD's and flash sticks. However, it has disappeared.
Alephcat
Level 3
Level 3

Post by Alephcat »

not a bug with it as such, but when I have beryl installed the menu button retains focus so that I have to click on it twice to activate it, and sometimes the menu appears behind other windows. Any suggestions on fixes?
"To absent friends, lost loves, old gods, and the season of mists; and may each and every one of us always give the devil his due."
clem
Level 12
Level 12

Post by clem »

rcdanek: right click on the mintMenu button and choose "Preferences". Then go to plugins->applications and change the value for "height". Then remove your mintmenu from the panel and add it again.

Clem

Return to “Releases & Announcements”