File Management

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
j2ld

File Management

Post by j2ld »

where is i suppose to do to put my file like mp3, documents, etc. is mint allowed to many place? if not allow why.
because in windows almost every where allowed. thx for advice.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
MirrorTorrent
Level 1
Level 1

Re: File Management

Post by MirrorTorrent »

What you are looking for is the "Home folder" under that is Documents, music, etc. Every thing you Create, Download, and Archive,
Should go Under home folder. Why would you want to put it some place else?
And yes Windows dose have the same concept it is called "My Documents"
j2ld wrote:if not allow why. because in windows almost every where allowed. thx for advice.
As for Why? Because Linux is different then Windows, it functions and looks different. As different as "Crab-eating Macaque (Macaca fascicularis)" and a "orangutan" there both primates But where one is large and slow the other is small and quick. I know there must
be a Fine technical reason why they are different I just don't know it. That's just the nature of the beast. Hope this is some kind of help.
Processor: 8x Intel Core i7-3770 CPU 3.40GHz
Memory: 7865MB
Operating System: Linux Mint 18.2
Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth Z77
Video Card: EVGA GTX 570
Resolution: 1920x1080 pixels(16:9) + 1680x1050(16:10)
DrHu

Re: File Management

Post by DrHu »

Even with windows, if you were sloppy about file organization, you may still lose the file location (where was that file ?)
http://www.geekgirls.com/windows_saving_files.htm
  • Almost anywhere, yes, except for windows OS protected storage (files folders..)

Return to “LMDE Archive”