Desktop Screenshots Thread - June 2012

Show off your customized Linux Mint desktop!
Forum rules
Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Grez

Re: Desktop Screenshots Thread - June 2012

Post by Grez »

Ginsu543 wrote:No prob. My .conkyrc is one I put together taking ideas from various sources (especially from #! sites as those guys are really into Conky). I have two of them running simultaneously to get the look I have now, one for system info and the other for weather.

Hope that helps!
Mate, that's brilliant. I've tweaked the top one for my setup, but how do you get the music to register. Seems to be missing off the bottom of the first...

A thousand thanks. It looks great!

:h
lKingjr

Post by lKingjr »

mmesantos1

Post by mmesantos1 »

Looks awesome Lou, great job again my friend. :D

Ok so new screenshot. :D

Theme Info: http://mmesantos1.deviantart.com/art/Cr ... -308063399
lKingjr

Post by lKingjr »

thanks Marc. yours looks great.
mmesantos1

Post by mmesantos1 »

lKingjr wrote:thanks Marc. yours looks great.
Your very welcome Lou and thank you as well. :D
Ginsu543

Post by Ginsu543 »

Grez wrote:
Ginsu543 wrote:No prob. My .conkyrc is one I put together taking ideas from various sources (especially from #! sites as those guys are really into Conky). I have two of them running simultaneously to get the look I have now, one for system info and the other for weather.

Hope that helps!
Mate, that's brilliant. I've tweaked the top one for my setup, but how do you get the music to register. Seems to be missing off the bottom of the first...

A thousand thanks. It looks great!

:h
Haha, that's because I used a little slight of hand. The music "applet" is actually not Conky but the "Now Playing" screenlet with Lucid-light theme, which I then resized to fit the width of my Conky (set at 70%, I believe). I thought the screenlet would integrate well with my Conky the first time I saw it, so I tried it and it turned out pretty good! :)

Why don't you upload a pic of your desktop? Would love to see how you've got it set up.
lKingjr

Post by lKingjr »

Kubuntu 12.10 alpha 1
lKingjr

Post by lKingjr »

LM 13...
lKingjr

Post by lKingjr »

Grez

Post by Grez »

Ginsu543 wrote:Haha, that's because I used a little slight of hand. The music "applet" is actually not Conky but the "Now Playing" screenlet with Lucid-light theme, which I then resized to fit the width of my Conky (set at 70%, I believe). I thought the screenlet would integrate well with my Conky the first time I saw it, so I tried it and it turned out pretty good! :)

Why don't you upload a pic of your desktop? Would love to see how you've got it set up.
Gotcha. Great stuff.

Your wish is my command. Be as critical as you like.....

Clean:

Dirty:
Ginsu543

Post by Ginsu543 »

Grez wrote:
Ginsu543 wrote:Haha, that's because I used a little slight of hand. The music "applet" is actually not Conky but the "Now Playing" screenlet with Lucid-light theme, which I then resized to fit the width of my Conky (set at 70%, I believe). I thought the screenlet would integrate well with my Conky the first time I saw it, so I tried it and it turned out pretty good! :)

Gotcha. Great stuff.

Your wish is my command. Be as critical as you like.....

Clean:

Dirty:
Nice!! :D
Grez

Post by Grez »

Ginsu543 wrote:Nice!! :D
Thanks... I owe the conky setup to a valued friend! :D
Ginsu543

Post by Ginsu543 »

@Grez, which music applet/screenlet are you using? Also, which Cinnamon theme did you use to get the transparency effect on the menu and panel? Finally, what is your wallpaper a picture of?
Grez

Post by Grez »

Ginsu543 wrote:@Grez, which music applet/screenlet are you using?
Same as you but with the default theme scaled to 85%
Ginsu543 wrote: Also, which Cinnamon theme did you use to get the transparency effect on the menu and panel?
Glass-shell theme which I seem to remember came out of the standard cinnamon-settings themes.
Ginsu543 wrote:Finally, what is your wallpaper a picture of?
Stourport-on-Severn (my home town) basins, UK, August 2010. I actually took the photo on a timed exposure (tripod and around 15s shutter 'speed!'

:)
Ginsu543

Post by Ginsu543 »

Grez wrote: Stourport-on-Severn (my home town) basins, UK, August 2010. I actually took the photo on a timed exposure (tripod and around 15s shutter 'speed!'

:)
I had a hunch it might be a picture of your home town. :D It is a beautiful shot!
steveking

Post by steveking »

delicious wrote:
mmesantos1 wrote:Ok so new and darker Crunchbang setup! :D

Theme Info: http://mmesantos1.deviantart.com/art/Cr ... -307644673
I've said it before and I'll say it again. You always have the sleekest looking layouts.

On that note i have a challenge for you!

That was done with rainmeter, but I would absolutely LOVE a linux version/conky etc.. If you can somehow pull it off. :D (Im currently using one of your mixtures from your deviant art right now. )
I really like this idea, brings a whole new look to your desktop! if it were able to be embedded into the GUI though it could be very interesting! I have yet to master the GUI field but it could be interesting if someone with a little more experience knew where to start at least!

Other than that I am loving the screenshots! good work
lKingjr

Post by lKingjr »

defcon

Post by defcon »

@IKingjr
Are your screenis real or mockups? I'm wondering, because you change your desktop every day :D

Nevertheless, your work is awesome! Keep it up. :wink:
lKingjr

Post by lKingjr »

defcon wrote:@IKingjr
Are your screenis real or mockups? I'm wondering, because you change your desktop every day :D

Nevertheless, your work is awesome! Keep it up. :wink:
:lol:

you should see the other 20 distros. :D
I run Linux in VirtualBox and yes they are real. I play with this one or that one for an hour or so. I mostly like playing with GIMP and making walls. Occasionally recoloring themes etc. It's a hobby :)
bkovacs
Level 1
Level 1

Post by bkovacs »

My June Desktop. Mint 13 Cinnamon Desktop

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Return to “Screenshots”