[Solved] restore default window decoration

Add functionality to your desktop
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
securityg33k

[Solved] restore default window decoration

Post by securityg33k »

Hello ,

please i have a problem while trying to enable the compiz on linux mint 13 (Mate) the default window decoration getting changed to the default compiz window decoration that have green background , i don't know how i can restore it back to the normal decoration while having the compiz enabled .

i tried to set the decoration to "gtk-window-decorator" and execute "gtk-window-decorator --replace" in terminal

but it give me an error :

Code: Select all

Window manager warning: Failed to load theme "Adwaita": Failed to find a valid file for theme Adwaita
i don't know really how i can solve this problem , so any help will be much appreciated

Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
securityg33k

Re: restore default window decoration

Post by securityg33k »

ok i found the solution for the problem , in case anyone else face the same problem here is how to fix it :

i solved the problem for missing Adwaita files by installing the default gnome themes .

execute in terminal : sudo apt-get install gnome-themes-standard

then the compiz was able to load the default Adwaita theme with it's default window decoration .

after that to use the theme you want like Mint-X , do the following :

1) install the default gconf-editor : sudo apt-get install gconf-editor
2) execute gconf-editor and go to "/apps/metacity/general/" modify theme value to the theme name you want , example "Mint-X"

then logout and login in again , Mint-X window borders will load properly :)

Return to “Compiz, Conky, Docks & Widgets”