Three cheers for Clem!

Chat about anything related to Linux Mint
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Artichoke

Three cheers for Clem!

Post by Artichoke »

Three cheers for Clem and Cinnamon!

Over the weekend I had to get a new computer up and running for an elderly and rather tech-averse friend. His previous Vista computer gave him so much trouble that in order to spare myself a heap of pain I converted him to Linux Mint 9, which, of all distros at the time, was the easiest of all for a non-techie Windows user to migrate to without confusion.

When I took his new hardware around he wasn't home, so his wife let me in and fed me up with some very nice home-made soup (depths of winter here right now) while I copied his home directory over, installed Maya and left it running on his desk. Three days later I still haven't had a single phone call from him. In fact I had to call him to make sure everything was OK.

So, a huge thanks to Clem! The mere fact that the transition from Gnome 2 to Cinnamon was so seamless that an old Luddite barely noticed he was using a new computer is enormously positive testimony in itself.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Re: Three cheers for Clem!

Post by xenopeek »

Moved here by moderator

Thanks for sharing :D

Return to “Chat about Linux Mint”