[SOLVED] Mintupdate doesn't find any upgradable package

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
Duanra

[SOLVED] Mintupdate doesn't find any upgradable package

Post by Duanra »

Hi everyone !

I've got a small issue with mintupdate-debian. Since I've made a new install from scratch, mintupdate would not mention any update to be made, for now more than one month...
Aptitude tells me 2 packages are upgradable, and that's all.
When I start mintupdate, I can see that several servers can't be hit : but still a lot is available, responding, but it looks like my system is unable to find a single obsolete package, which is pretty strange knowing I'm using Linux Mint Debian edition...

I've looked up on Google for advice, to no avail.

Can anyone help me ?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Re: Mintupdate doesn't find any upgradable package

Post by xenopeek »

Moved here as this is about LMDE.

Note that by default you are using the Linux Mint "Latest" repositories on LMDE. Updates are available only when a new Update Pack is released, AFAIK. If you want updates sooner, switch to the Linux Mint "Incoming" repositories. Notice that this will increase the chance of getting an update that will break your system. The LMDE FAQ may give a better answer: http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?f=197&t=91405
squeezy

Post by squeezy »

Vincent is correct. LMDE has no updates until a new Update Pack (UP) is being created. That applies to both the Latest and Incoming repos. Incoming will get the proposed UP first, before it's released to Latest, but between UPs both repos are stagnant.

You might occasionally see an update to Firefox but that's about it between UP releases.
Duanra

Post by Duanra »

Thank you guys for your answers.
I must say I'm pretty surprised, because I run LMDE since now nearly one year and until now I received updates several times a week. So for me this radical change was kind of weird. But I've read that from June 2012 testing got in deep freeze, so I presume it has to do with my concern.
So I set the topic on resolved.
squeezy

Post by squeezy »

Duanra wrote:Thank you guys for your answers.
I must say I'm pretty surprised, because I run LMDE since now nearly one year and until now I received updates several times a week. So for me this radical change was kind of weird. But I've read that from June 2012 testing got in deep freeze, so I presume it has to do with my concern.
So I set the topic on resolved.
This sounds like you are running against Debian Testing repos. If that is true then the statements above do not apply. They are true only if running against the snapshots Mint makes available in their Latest and Incoming repos.

Return to “LMDE Archive”