[Resolved] Important glitches screen kept in memory

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
dlalonde

[Resolved] Important glitches screen kept in memory

Post by dlalonde »

Hello!

I have a fresh install of Linux Mint 13 Cinnamon and a Radeon HD 6310.

I have a lot of important screen glitches. For instance, when I send Thunderbird to the tray, the window breaks up in many scrambled pieces. When I change the volume, the square that shows the progress starts off with showing a part of my wallpaper even if I'm using a software and when I change the URL in a browser, it shows a part of a website I'm not on anymore but visited not long before.

It also seems to keep a screenshot in memory. I tried taking a screenshot of the problem about three times with gnome-screenshot and the image saved was one of Google Chrome showing a website I was on 10 minutes prior.

Finally, when I activate the cinammon default animations, the whole system becomes pretty slow after a while.

Anyone knows what I can do?

Thank you!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
dlalonde

Re: Important glitches and seems to keep screen in memory

Post by dlalonde »

No one has a clue about this? I had to remove it until I can find a solution because it's the computer I use for work :S

I've yet to find an answer elsewhere. Surely I can't be the only one with this problem?
dlalonde

Re: Important glitches and seems to keep screen in memory

Post by dlalonde »

Found the solution on the linuxmint-fr.org forum. It's the AMD drivers...

I reinstalled using only the default driver that's already installed with Linux Mint. It did the trick for me and I have direct rendering enabled.

Return to “Graphics Cards & Monitors”