BleachBit, Is it safe?

Chat about Linux in general
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
HiTechRedneck82

BleachBit, Is it safe?

Post by HiTechRedneck82 »

I recently came across BleachBit, but I am a little wary of it.

When I run it and preview what it will remove in the APT section it says I will clean up about 1.5GB of space. This is tempting to do, but I'm not 100% sure it is safe to remove what it is wanting to. I don't really think it will immediately break something, but I don't know about other drawbacks and problems it could create in the future.

Has anyone used BleachBit before? and have you had any adverse effects from it?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
bimsebasse

Re: BleachBit, Is it safe?

Post by bimsebasse »

I use it regularly and it has never caused me any problems. It only clears apt cache and unneeded packages, it doesn't touch anything in use.
exploder
Level 15
Level 15

Post by exploder »

I use BleachBit to keep my systems cleaned up and have never had any problems with it.
squeezy

Post by squeezy »

If you use the regular (non-root) mode and clean Firefox, uncheck the Cookies and Passwords options. If you clear Cookies you'll be logging into all your favorite forums again. The clean Passwords option breaks Firefox Sync, you'll have to reestablish your sync settings.

Return to “Chat about Linux”