Shortcut Arrows

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Elias

Shortcut Arrows

Post by Elias »

My apologies, I posted this in the "newbie" section, but stumbled across this section for KDE and thought, perhaps, my question would be better posed here.

When I create a shortcut on my desktop a small arrow is added. That arrow is extremely annyoing, but I cannot for the life of me figure out how to get rid of it. I have googled searched, and searched these boards only coming up with 1 post that was not very helpful.

Please someone tell me, how do I remove the arrow from desktop shotrcuts. Is there a way> Or am I just stuck with them, because, unfortunately, that's how it seems.

Folks, I appreciate any feedback. Thank You
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
RJim

Re: Shortcut Arrows

Post by RJim »

The icons on my desktop have never had any shortcut emblems on them, and I'm fairly certain that I did not have to do anything to remove them... they just never had them.
The only thing I can think of is that I am using "Folder View" for my desktop. You can try switching to Folder View and see if that helps.

You may have to Unlock Widgets before it will let you switch the view type, otherwise it is grayed-out in my settings if my widgets are locked. I'm not sure if that is a bug or a feature! :wink:

Hope that helps.

--Jim

Return to “Software & Applications”