League of Legends on mint 13 Cinnamon?

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
delicious

League of Legends on mint 13 Cinnamon?

Post by delicious »

I tried following this: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/sho ... ?t=2107392

But even that tutorial seems too difficult for me. Sometimes I think im learning linux then I just get all boggled and it drives me nuts!

It said to use the repositories to get playonlinux, and i followed that to a T, but it didnt show up in my menu. So i just looked on the software manager and installed it from there (Now it shows up)
I have winetricks already installed.
And now im stuck. If anyone would be good enough to give me step by step instructions I would be extremely grateful! Im so sick of booting to windows to play one of the few games that I do play.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Oscar799
Level 20
Level 20

Re: League of Legends on mint 13 Cinnamon?

Post by Oscar799 »

Moved here by moderator
delicious

Post by delicious »

Just wanted a friendly bump and update.

On playonlinux they have the game under "Testing" so i Successfully installed it however I have the following errors.

- Store doesnt work (black screen.
-In Game store is black or screwed up transparency thing.

I can deal with these issues thoug, but the worst of it is

-11 fps which makes it almost impossible to play (or pointless i should say).

Anyone have any tips/suggestions/tweaks?
CFet

Post by CFet »

Any luck Fallen? Finally re-installed Mint, looking to get my LoL going.

- C
harusin
Level 1
Level 1

Post by harusin »

Hello,
do anyone have sulotion for this ? I am confronting same problem i tried a lot of tutorials, but anything seems to be working WineOn64bit looks pretty but not work at all. I am at phase when i am going to reinstall on 32bit ubuntu, but i am not so sure it will help XD.
Serenity

Post by Serenity »

Really hoping for answers because I really am wanting to play LoL. I'm also new to Linux mint.. Its so confusing :x I installed wine, winetricks, even playonlinux. It's not on there. I have no idea how to use wine to install it? No idea how to use playonlinux either. Trying to download it normally, curious to what that would do. So if someone could tell me how to install it that would be awesome. And if someone could let me know how to even use wine.. or what kind of codes I'll be needing . Pleaseee respond back I'm desperate and very frustrated and made this account just to reply to you guys . Thanks.
xclusive585

Post by xclusive585 »

One thing I would do, is email the support team or devs of the game, and ask for Linux versions to be produced in the future. If you speak they will hear you.

[Wine compatability ranges from awesome to crap, depending on your software. Newer games are the worst candidates, while older software typically runs just fine. I have a bunch of dated Windows wares that wouldn't run on XP or later, that do just fine in Wine, as well as several games from the mid 2000s that run perfectly.]
Serenity

Post by Serenity »

Yeah I've thought about it but I've seen so many people talking about it so just figured to ask around. I mean it's probably something little. I'm just not used to Linux at all. Saw a tutorial and got this far but the dude didn't make the part 2 for it.. I just don't have any idea how to use the wine and what codes.

Return to “Software & Applications”