simple file share procedure clean-up[SOLVED]

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
wm_domino

simple file share procedure clean-up[SOLVED]

Post by wm_domino »

all went well for me i believe this round, i'd love to know how to remove the now uneeded "windows network" folder

or is this another one of those things best left alone because it'll cause issue with x ?

thanks in advance!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
altair4
Level 20
Level 20

Re: simple file share procedure clean-up

Post by altair4 »

all went well for me i believe this round, i'd love to know how to remove the now uneeded "windows network" folder
You don't want to remove the unwanted "windows network". Thats where your workgroups should be and within those workgroups should be the hosts. The reason you are seeing hosts listed disassociated from their workgroups is a fluke. Learn to live with it.

The error message is a rather odd one though. Well, the error message isn't odd - it happens quite a lot. In fact I wrote a howto on it. The oddity is that a "failed to retrieve share list from server" indicates a host name resolution problem in your network or possibly a firewall in the way. Yet I'm assuming all your hosts are listed in the first screen. I don't think I've ever seen both of those things happening at the same time.

Based on the description of how your system is running on some of your other posts though you should be getting used to these anomalies by now. :wink:
Please add a [SOLVED] at the end of your original subject header if your question has been answered and solved.
wm_domino

Re: simple file share procedure clean-up

Post by wm_domino »

lol, yes, i keep running into them ... thanks again!!

Return to “LMDE Archive”