[Closed] A couple questions

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
SPMcKinney

[Closed] A couple questions

Post by SPMcKinney »

For the life of me I cant find where to set automatic login when I turn on my computer, where would that be?

Also Pidgin is being really weird, when anyone logs off they still show as available (or whatever their status was) so I think they are still on. The only way to see their real status is to logout then back in. Its driving me nuts it doesn't happen on Debian Squeeze (or Wheezy I'm not 100% there though), I'm wondering if anyone else is having this problem too and if there is a fix?

Thanks in Advance
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
craigevil

Re: A couple questions

Post by craigevil »

Does auto login for mdm work on LMDE? - http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.p ... 9&t=102728

As for pidgin, I would suggest trying to upgrade to the version in Testing.
SPMcKinney

Post by SPMcKinney »

So the answer is no with auto login? if so I can live with that just getting used to Mate still and LMDE is a rolling distro (always testing) right? So it always has the latest semi-stable stuff. I have Pidgin v2.10.2-1 which is the latest version.
SPMcKinney

Post by SPMcKinney »

Well went and got the newer image of LMDE (201204) cause I had the one before it i think (it was still using GDM3 and not MDM)...anyways can set autologin with MDM fine now and now just hoping it will also solve the problems I was having with Pidgin as well

Return to “LMDE Archive”