need help with Emerald theme manager+Compiz

Add functionality to your desktop
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
xaze

need help with Emerald theme manager+Compiz

Post by xaze »

can some one help me . i follwed steps on this forum on how to put Emerald theme manger on Linux Mint 13 *Mate edition* my problem is i installed it . loaded a theme but nothing happens , then i open terminal su enter password and put command "emerald --replace" nothing hapens then i put "compiz --replace" now here is the problem it works but no window borters or buttons ? i cant close it or move it so i have to either right click or close or just log out ? does any one have a solution . i also unistalled compiz etc but it still happens ..
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Myrmidon83

Re: need help with Emerald theme manager+Compiz

Post by Myrmidon83 »

When you use 'compiz --replace', compiz will activate but with no enabled options. You have to open compiz settings manager and enable 'window decoration', 'move window' and 'resize window' to get basic functionality. Then activate emerald and you should see it working.

Return to “Compiz, Conky, Docks & Widgets”