Live Disc Creation

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Husse

Re: Live Disc Creation

Post by Husse »

Somewhat confusing - did not know ATI had this kind of software
But if you have a working CD/DVD that's ok - you don't have to make a new one.
The risk here is that I've completely misunderstood the lot
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
cmost
Level 4
Level 4

Post by cmost »

I dislike software that takes away my choices...which is why I no longer use Windows or other proprietary junk. On the new computer, simply go to the Control Panel; Add/Remove Programs; REMOVE the obnoxious CD management software. If you're installing Mint (or using InfraRecorder as you indicate,) you won't need it anyway. Perhaps I've misunderstood your post, but Google did not turn up any software by ATI (or AMD, the new owners of this popular graphics chip maker.) Please clarify the name of the CD management software.
cmost
Level 4
Level 4

Post by cmost »

I get the gist of what you're doing. You're not sure where the ISO file you downloaded resides. The last time, you somehow got luck and got the web browser to open the downloaded file with InfraRecorder; ready to burn. On the new system, this isn't happening and you're confused. Okay, first, you need to locate where you actually saved the downloaded ISO image file. This is a disk image. You will have to burn it to a recordable CD in a special fashion (i.e., you won't be able to simply drag the ISO file to a blank CD-R and burn it as a data disk. Once you've located the downloaded file, open your CD-DVD burning application and see if there is an option somewhere in the menus to burn a disk image. Once you find that, browse to where the Mint ISO file is located and select that image file. Good luck! (If you're not sure where your browser keeps its downloads by default, poke around in your 'My Documents' folder, or simply do a file search for *.ISO files.)
cmost
Level 4
Level 4

Post by cmost »

If you're in Mint, you can burn the ISO by right-clicking the file and selecting 'Write to Disc' No further machinations required! Good luck!
Husse

Post by Husse »

If you're in Mint you already have a CD/DVD. Do you want to try another edition?
Husse

Post by Husse »

I must admit I'm completely lost here - what are you talking about?....
I thought burning an ISO to a live CD....

Return to “Beginner Questions”