missing pulse audio library

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
Siechtum

missing pulse audio library

Post by Siechtum »

Hello. I'm using LMDE 64 bit amd I'm content using it for the most part. But there is a problem I could not solve yet:

When I start the game LIMBO or steam over WINE I get no sound. This is the line in terminal:

ALSA lib ../../src/conf.c:3314:(snd_config_hooks_call) Cannot open shared library libasound_module_conf_pulse.so
ALSA lib ../../../src/pcm/pcm.c:2217:(snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM default
ALSA lib ../../src/dlmisc.c:254:(snd1_dlobj_cache_get) Cannot open shared library /usr/lib32/alsa-lib/libasound_module_pcm_pulse.so

I could not find a lib in the synaptic pm or on the debian packages website. Does anyone know how to solve that problem?

If you need any additional info, just write me. Thanks. :-)
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Gillou

Re: missing pulse audio library

Post by Gillou »

Hi, I run the linux version of limbo (if I understand well, its own wine is included in the .deb), is it the same for you ?
Anyway, I get the same error messages but I do have sound on LMDE x64. Do you have sound in your other applications ?
Did you install steam through winetricks ? Do you have the ia32 libs ?
I have the same message in steam, but I can't determine if I have sound in steam. However, for SuperMeat Boy installed and launched through Steam, I do have sound.

Return to “LMDE Archive”