Theme overhaul for linux mint

Suggestions and feedback for Linux Mint and the forums
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read: Where to post ideas & feature requests
Arinmal

Theme overhaul for linux mint

Post by Arinmal »

Im kinda bored and have some time on my hands, so I had a few questions. How hard would it be to take linux mint 13 mate edition and remove the live cd option and theme an installer kinda like what windows/mac has? (at bootup). and then mockup/theme linux mint 13 and repackage everything to install that way?

with windows 8 coming out soon I see many people going to mac or staying with windows 7, and some trying out linux. With linux mint being at the top of the charts right now and linux mint looking like windows 95/98 It would be nice to revamp it. I have always been a fan of mint but unless you know how to theme and customize linux, which lets face it you install linux on a friends pc because he's to stupid to not get a virus from websites and the default theme is whats he's stuck with.

I would be willing to do all the work myself but am not a coder in any way. can what im talking about be done with gimp and some time or is it coding experts only?
Oscar799
Level 20
Level 20

Re: Theme overhaul for linux mint

Post by Oscar799 »

Moved here by moderator
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Post by xenopeek »

You can remaster the Linux Mint iso, so include a different theme for example: http://community.linuxmint.com/tutorial/view/918
Arinmal

Post by Arinmal »

awesome! thanks for the reply.

Know of any way to add/modify a graphical installer? something that would be compairable to windows/mac
bimsebasse

Post by bimsebasse »

Modifying the graphical installer definitely takes coding skill - and I think it's at least as well made and easy to grasp as the windows one, so i'm not sure it's worth it.

Return to “Suggestions & Feedback”