LMint 13 (Maya) XFCE-RC observatoins and questions?

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
jjaythomas

Re: LMint 13 (Maya) XFCE-RC observatoins and questions?

Post by jjaythomas »

Don't forget the
FF auto-spell dictionary for stable please
(re-installed still not their by default!)

J.Jay
jjaythomas

Post by jjaythomas »

The installing 'Dictionary pack in FF works

but looks like you have to do it for each user (I have a 'manage' user with adminstrion rights and a 'jjay user without administration rights for every-day use) :roll:

Security first (at least from outside world) :lol:
J.Jay
trialpha

Post by trialpha »

Here are my observations from this morning during my first install of Maya XFCE-RC on physical hardware:

First, I encountered a ubiquity installer crash at the beginning of the slideshow.

See http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.p ... 66#p584254 for more info.

I rebooted and from the live environment ran:

Code: Select all

sudo apt-get remove ubiquity-slideshow-mint
Then the installer completed without incident.

After installation completed and I rebooted, I soon became aware of a second issue...

During the installation process I was prompted to import user accounts from a Linux Mint 9 installation already on my computer. There were checkboxes for users and submenu checkboxes to import Firefox profiles. I checked them all, but no other user accounts or home folders were created on my install, and my account's documents and bookmarks were not transferred either.

Otherwise, Ms. Maya XFCE-RC is looking really GREAT!
zukakog

Post by zukakog »

jjaythomas wrote:6. missing 'gnome-system-tools'
mainly 'users and groups' in system menu needed.
Thanks! I couldn't remember which package this was in. Hopefully it was just an oversite, and will be corrected for the final release.

Return to “Xfce”