power button

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
ganeshanair

power button

Post by ganeshanair »

hey guys i was wondering if there was a way to change the power button config on lmde as well as the close lid for lap i am a newbie so i am sry if its too stupid to ask but i did look but couldnt find anything i want to hibernate my lap not sleep it everytime so plz help
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Sonsum

Re: power button

Post by Sonsum »

What Desktop Environment are you running? MATE? XFCE?
ganeshanair

Post by ganeshanair »

cinnamon
Sonsum

Post by Sonsum »

Haha, the one I forgot and also the one I don't have (since it conflicts with the newest gnome).

I'd do a search for something labeled "power" under settings. It should have an option to change what happens when you close the lid.
ganeshanair

Post by ganeshanair »

i looked but didnt find any i just want to change the power button settings i dont even care about the close lid :(
titetanium
Level 2
Level 2

Post by titetanium »

I don't have cinnamon either, but isn't there a battery icon in your panel? If you right click that, does it show a "preferences" option? If you click that, perhaps there's an option to choose what you want the power setting to do for your power button.
ganeshanair

Post by ganeshanair »

the batery button u are refering to is power right but i cant seem to right click on it from system settings :(

Return to “LMDE Archive”