icon themes

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
werkman2
Level 1
Level 1

icon themes

Post by werkman2 »

hi, can any body help me with this?, i installed mint cinnamon on one drive and mint xfce on the other drive and than added a custom icon theme in both, the same in both.
now in cinnamon they work, but the icons in the status panel where the volume manager etc is the stay the default where all other icons change acording to the theme. but in xfce all icons change even in the status bar.. can any body tell me how to edit the theme or some config file that i can also change cinnamons statusbar icons?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
jjaythomas

Re: icon themes

Post by jjaythomas »

Are they fully separated...

does grub/boot use them as separate OS installed?
OR
Do you switch the "Desktop' at the session login?

J.Jay
GeneBenson
Level 4
Level 4

Post by GeneBenson »

Hi werkman2,

Does your icon theme support gtk3? If not then this would explain what you are seeing since cinnamon is based on Gnome 3 which uses gtk3 whereas Xfce uses gtk2.
jjaythomas

Post by jjaythomas »

I would ask this at the 'Themes, Icons and Wallpaper' sub-forum(I think thats whats called) make sure state this Cinnamon.

This is the XFCE forum (and you state working fine in XFCE). **Still is this 2 separate installs OR 1 install with separate sessions (DE's)

P.S. I'm not conversant with the 'Cinnamon' DE but GTK2 themes generally work fine in 'Cinnamon" (GTK3) :?

J.Jay

Return to “Xfce”