A pclinuxer Point of View on Mint

Chat about anything related to Linux Mint
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
bigbearomaha
Level 3
Level 3

A pclinuxer Point of View on Mint

Post by bigbearomaha »

Hello folks. As the subject line states, I am a hardcore PCLInuxOS fan.

I was an Ubuntu user before that. I liked Ubuntu but thought it could use something more, I found PCLOS and never looked back.

Now I am finding Mint very interesting. I think you are on a good track here. making things a bit more accessible for the non techie users. Yet still maintaining that ubuntu power user feel. I like it. a lot.

I think your Mint could do for debian distros what PCLOS is doing for RPM distros.

In that light, I would like to thank you for your investment in the end user experience.

I am part of a local group which "revives" older pc's donated for the purpose of being "revived" and sent on to local schools and programs in the area which have a need for them.

Up till now, I have used PCLOS and in a limited role, Ubuntu ( actually Kubuntu)

I am so very impressed with Mint that as of now, it will take the place of Ubuntu prpoer in our lab and I think get more placement than previous. I believe in supporting those distros who go out of their way to make a distro outstanding and reach out the the "average" non tech user.

I plan to be more involved in your community if you'll allow a "double dipper" so to speak.

Big Bear
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
AlsaPhil

Post by AlsaPhil »

Great, Big Bear. Welcome here.
clem
Level 12
Level 12

Post by clem »

That's very to nice to read and very encouraging. Thanks a lot for that.

Clem

Return to “Chat about Linux Mint”