SolusOS 2 Alpha5 Released (Gnome 3.4)

Chat about Linux in general
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
KBD47
Level 7
Level 7

Re: SolusOS 2 Alpha5 Released (Gnome 3.4) -EDIT Jun 27th

Post by KBD47 »

Downloading SolusOS 2 alpha 5 now :-)
edit/update: very impressive. With just a couple of fixes this thing is ready to go. It looks awesome, feels very much like Gnome 2, I think that "wow" pretty much sums it up for me :-)
Last edited by KBD47 on Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
exploder
Level 15
Level 15

Post by exploder »

I'm fine with that.TBQH I didn't expect any interest here of SolusOS
I am interested and plan on following the development. :D I really like what I have seen so far and I like the ideas the project brings to the table. SolusOS is looking extremely good and it is still in the alpha stage! I spent some time yesterday looking over the SolusOS forum and enjoyed what I saw.
exploder
Level 15
Level 15

Post by exploder »

Downloading the iso as I type. My eyesight is not the best right now but what the heck. :) I get the other 4 stitches out Monday! I saw the stitches in a computer enhanced image, they are sticking out of the iris of my eye. They said something about my cornea going back to it's natural position after that, then I get my contact lens and reading glasses! YEAH!

That is why I have not been doing any testing lately, just a little bug fixing here and there. I see ghost images a lot of the time and I sure won't miss that. I can only look at my monitor for so long with my eye like this, then I have to walk away from it for a while. I have managed to re-load 3 machines around here lately though. For 2 months I couldn't even make out any letters on the screen or see the keyboard.

I am going to try out the alpha 5 release today. I have been wanting to check it out ever since I saw the screenshots. :)
Mushroomheadbangers

Post by Mushroomheadbangers »

I've been using SolusOS 1.1 since it's release and am very pleased. I'm sick and tired of buggy applications in so many modern distros that utilize unstable or testing branches of various core distros (IE: Debian). Ubuntu Unity pissed me off to no end as well. Finally after ups and downs with Slackware, Gentoo, Ubuntu, Lubuntu, Mint (XFCE, Gnome, KDE, and Debian), CentOS, etc...I decided to save myself the headaches and go back to a stable Debian based distro, if not Debian itself. I was fortunate enough to stumble across SolusOS and feel at peace finally!

SolusOS is extremely stable and fast. I've had 0 problems so far with an exception to some odd gnome-panel behaviour which may be a simple configuration option (Panel disappears frequently but comes back up when minimizing windows). Out of all the distros I've used, I'd highly recommend this beautiful OS to novices and experts.

Spread the word!

NOTE - The installer may intimidate some beginners with it's partition step as it's a manual process but with a basic understanding of the Linux file-system and partitioning you should be solid.
Last edited by Mushroomheadbangers on Sat Jul 14, 2012 11:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
craig10x

Post by craig10x »

It will be even easier, once the beta1 gets released (it is the next one up and should be out soon)...Ikey will have a new installer on it that also has "auto-configuration" options much like the ubuntu installer has always had... :wink:
deleted

Re: SolusOS 2 Alpha5 Released (Gnome 3.4)

Post by deleted »

ATTENTION IKEY!!!

Ok so I've been trying for 5 days now to register on the solusos forum as I've got a few things that are NOT working?? It never will let me complete the registration process??? :evil:

1. N-13 AUSU USB wirelsee Draft N adapter connecting to a Cradlepoint 1.5mbps Draft N router connects @ 28mbps? :shock: IMHO that's like dialup speed on my LAN?? Windows on same computer connects at 144mbps!! :roll:

2. Installed Gimp via Snaptics Package manager but no way to use it? Tried to reinstall it via Terminal but it's already installed? Does NOT show up in the Menu??

3. Multiboot system with 5 hard drives and I can't access any of those drives without aunthication? Haven't found a way to stop that other than booting to Mint?? :roll:

4. Also installed a few other packages trying to get rid of the aformentioned authentication crap on the other drives in this computer but those don't show up either?

But my main complaint is that I've been trying to register on that forum trying to get support and each time NOTHING happens! To be brutally honest, I got no time for c**p like that! So if someone from over there has a reason that I can't register to get help with this OS, then please enlighten me as I'm getting somewhat frustrated!

To those here on Mint, please accept my apology for using your forum for that other OS support but I don't have any other choice other than not using that OS!
Last edited by Oscar799 on Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Image removed
GeneC

Post by GeneC »

Seeing as how I started this thread and it has caused some debate.

I am not opposed to closing it.
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Post by xenopeek »

Okay, locking the topic. For support on SolusOS, please visit their forums (http://main.solusos.com/forum.php) or their IRC (http://solusos.com/irc-channel/). Hack on!

Return to “Chat about Linux”