Unable to launch dwww

Questions about other topics - please check if your question fits better in another category before posting here
Forum rules
Before you post please read this

Unable to launch dwww

Postby mark1mint on Mon Jul 02, 2012 5:55 pm

Hi,I've been trying for a while to use dwww in MintDebian,so far I've not been able to launch it successfully:I'm always getting the
Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at localhost
message,I've purged and reinstalled dwww,tried dpkg-reconfigure,manually edited the dwww.conf file in /etc/dww to set Firefox as the default browser for dwww,nothing has worked so far,even manually pasting the http://localhost/dwww/index.html line in the URL bar returns the error message.As far as I can remember,this maybe started when I briefly tried Opera a while ago and dwww pages were opened in that browser,after removing Opera I haven't been able to use dwww again:consequently I've just tried to reinstall Opera and while I was at it Chromium as well,apparently as of now dwww won't open in any browser in MintDebian on my system,all the more confusing as I have other distros installed and dwww is working normally in them.What am I missing here :roll: ?
mark1mint
Level 3
Level 3

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Unable to launch dwww

Postby mark1mint on Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:47 pm

Well I'm really lost now :roll: : I've installed Mintdebian in a virtualbox and dwww works just fine,upon comparison the most relevant files (at least,I think so) for dwww are identical,the dwww.conf file located in /etc/dwww and the dwww script located in /usr/lib/cgi-bin are an exact match,the directory /var/www/dwww exists,so why I'm always getting an error message when trying to launch dwww? How come that it's working in a virtual machine and not on my system,all settings apparently being equal? Maybe there is something wrong with the apache2 configuration?
mark1mint
Level 3
Level 3

Re: Unable to launch dwww

Postby mark1mint on Fri Jul 06, 2012 1:22 pm

Apache2 for some reason was disabled in System-->Administration-->Services,once enabled dwww works again. :wink:
mark1mint
Level 3
Level 3

Return to Other Topics