Having very strange problems installing

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
kefka

Having very strange problems installing

Post by kefka »

I'm having weird problems installing LMDE. I used dd to put the iso on a flash drive, no problem. I boot the drive, no problem. I start up the installer, still nothing wrong. However, every time I boot the installer, it hangs at around 7 to 10 minutes after booting, and the only way out of this hang is to reboot my computer. I thought it might be some kind of flash drive overheating, so I tried a different drive, and had the same symptoms. I can, before the hang, access any of the normal programs on the live boot.

Am I missing some kind of a no-brainer here?

EDIT: I should add that i also have checked my MD5 checksum
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
breaker

Re: Having very strange problems installing

Post by breaker »

What kind of install are you doing, dual-boot to a hard drive, or using the entire drive for Linux? Maybe try via burned DVD instead if possible?
Oscar799
Level 20
Level 20

Post by Oscar799 »

Moved here by moderator
kefka

Post by kefka »

breaker wrote:What kind of install are you doing, dual-boot to a hard drive, or using the entire drive for Linux? Maybe try via burned DVD instead if possible?
I'm just doing a single full hard drive one partition install.
breaker

Post by breaker »

So it hangs 7-10 into the install process, is that what you are saying? Is anything shown at this point that gives a clue what's going on?

Anyway, some people have had to boot to the Live desktop, then remove the installer's slideshow before installing, try that;

http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.p ... 8&p=596461

Code: Select all

sudo apt-get remove ubiquity-slideshow-mint
kefka

Post by kefka »

This worked, thanks.
breaker

Post by breaker »

great, you're welcome..

Return to “LMDE Archive”