Pozdrowienia z Polski - Greetings from Poland

Welcome to newcomers! Don't hesitate to introduce yourself.
Forum rules
Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
asobczak
Level 1
Level 1

Pozdrowienia z Polski - Greetings from Poland

Post by asobczak »

Hi Everybody,
I am new user in UEFA Euro 2012 host city Warsaw. Being absolutely no-football man I grabbed some time and install Mint on my new hardware. Decided to install something robust at home, since my 10 years old laptop dying consistently, my Android phone is more powerful than laptop, cloud is everywhere but my old laptop.
Tried to install pure Debian and failed. then Ubuntu and failed, then positioned next to desperado (have been thinking about ...OK bwords not applicable here) tried Mint and - voila it runs without any problem, nice stable and efficient.
Immediately start processing my photos, developing sql, install all software I need - the only problem I have with SQL Workbench but I hope to solved it eventually one night.
My first OS was ...George3, anybody knows what it was? Hmm, look here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GEORGE_(operating_system). Since then I have been using Win mainly with short breako for SGI (wonderful machines :D ).
I decided to use Linux at home for its price, available packages and software and last but not least: great people !!!
Good to be here!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
System: Host: Kernel: 5.4.0-66-generic x86_64 bits: 64 compiler: gcc v: 7.5.0
Desktop: Cinnamon 4.4.8 wm: muffin dm: LightDM Distro: Linux Mint 19.3 Tricia
base: Ubuntu 18.04 bionic
defcon

Re: Pozdrowienia z Polski - Greetings from Poland

Post by defcon »

Welcome :)
The-Wizard

Post by The-Wizard »

Welcome to the mint family forums

wizard
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Post by xenopeek »

Hi asobczak, welcome to the Linux Mint forums :D Thanks for joining the forums! Not a football man either, but then how can I be in the Netherlands :roll:

Be sure also to check out the Community website (ideas, tutorials, and hardware and software reviews), and the Cinnamon Spices website for adding even more themes, applets and extensions to Cinnamon. Also check the mintBox, the Linux Mint computer.

You can also chat in real-time with other Linux Mint users. In the Mint Menu, in the Internet section, start the application XChat IRC. You will automatically get connected to #linuxmint-chat for general chat and #linuxmint-help for support with other Linux Mint users.
asobczak
Level 1
Level 1

Post by asobczak »

Thank for worm welcome.
System: Host: Kernel: 5.4.0-66-generic x86_64 bits: 64 compiler: gcc v: 7.5.0
Desktop: Cinnamon 4.4.8 wm: muffin dm: LightDM Distro: Linux Mint 19.3 Tricia
base: Ubuntu 18.04 bionic
Apoc220

Post by Apoc220 »

Dzien Dobre! Welcome to the boards. My wife is polish so I know a little bit. Went last year on vacation with her and I loved it! Great food, great people, no complaints!

Return to “Introduce Yourself”