PS3 Media Server

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
mobrocket

PS3 Media Server

Post by mobrocket »

Anyone get this to successful work with Linux Mint 13?

when i try it, it brings up the program. its really small on the screen and then hangs up my computer...

I am looking to be able to stream ANY video to my xbox 360... so any alternatives that can do that, will be greatly appreciated
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
rob1980

Re: PS3 Media Server

Post by rob1980 »

works perfectly for me, in fact, better than it did on windows with better buffer rates (im using cinnamon)

I'm a complete linux noob btw lol..

Code: Select all

wget -q --no-check-certificate https://svn.paissad.net/misc/stuffs/install_PMS.sh -O /tmp/install_PMS.sh && bash /tmp/install_PMS.sh
That will install ps3ms as well as all dependencies.

hope it helps

source > http://www.ps3mediaserver.org/forum/vie ... f=3&t=5589
srjrol

Post by srjrol »

Thanks a lot for posting that code this was a great success after about an hour of trying to install it manually.
TsjuunTze

Post by TsjuunTze »

Thank you very much for the code. Works great! Much better than on Windows (but hey, everything does on linux :D )

Thanks again !!

Greetz TT
leo5111
Level 4
Level 4

Post by leo5111 »

so with this install, it will play all the transcodeable formats? i mean alot of files before wouldnt play when they should have they were file types the ps3 says its will play
derande

Post by derande »

i've used this on our mac for a couple of years and usually worked well but lately it's had DLNA errors and some formats would DRAG. installed now on my mint 13 ultrabook and looking forward to trying it out tonight.

Return to “Software & Applications”