hi from the west coast of florida

Welcome to newcomers! Don't hesitate to introduce yourself.
Forum rules
Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
shizzy

hi from the west coast of florida

Post by shizzy »

Hello fello linux mint users i have never used a forum before and am looking forward to looking threw the site. I just want to say i love my linux mint i have 13 cinnamon and am really enjoying it if any one has any tips or things to check out please let me know im a newb but hope to learn alot more about it one of my first questions would have to be are there any other effects for cinnamon.

Thanks
shane
a.k.a.
Shizzy
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
The-Wizard

Re: hi from the west coast of florida

Post by The-Wizard »

Welcome to the Mint family forums

wizard
shizzy

Post by shizzy »

Happy to be part of the family hands down best operating system i have ever worked with
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Post by xenopeek »

Hi shizzy, welcome to the Linux Mint forums :D Thanks for joining the forums!

Be sure also to check out the Community website (tutorials, hardware and software reviews, ideas), and the Cinnamon Spices website for adding even more themes, applets and extensions to Cinnamon.

You can also chat in real-time with other Linux Mint users. In the Mint Menu, in the Internet section, start the application XChat IRC. You will automatically get connected to #linuxmint-chat for general chat and #linuxmint-help for support with other Linux Mint users.

Have fun with Linux Mint :wink:
shizzy

Post by shizzy »

I tried to connect to the x chat but it wont let me in it says
could not resolve your hostname; domain name not found: using your ip address instead harpy.de.spotchat.org 433 * shane: nickname is already in use

how do i set up x chat?
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Post by xenopeek »

Sounds like you did connect, but it gave some warnings. Did you see a list of users on the right-hand side of the window? You'll have to pick a different nickname, which you can do from the Xchat > Network list menu.
shizzy

Post by shizzy »

ok i switched my user name and still wont connect there is nothing on the right hand side which network should i connect to?
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Post by xenopeek »

It should automatically connect you to the Linux Mint Server in the Network List. (irc.spotchat.org as server, channel #linuxmint-chat and #linuxmint-help) You can also connect to it from Firefox, visit http://community.linuxmint.com/ and go to Community > Chat room.
shizzy

Post by shizzy »

Thanks I got it working i had my username in the wrong place i had it in nickname thanks for the help

Return to “Introduce Yourself”