LMDE13 64 bit doesn't install, just a blank screen

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
TonyMi

LMDE13 64 bit doesn't install, just a blank screen

Post by TonyMi »

For some reason Mint just hates my computer.

I've made a 64 bit LMDE 13 DVD which refuses to install on my PC, basically I get either a blank screen of a highly patterned screen but nothing that I can work from. I also had this same issue with Mint 12, which I never actually got to install. The last successfully installed version was Mint 10 32 bit, but since I have a 8 gig memory PC 32 bit seems a bit of a waste. The new DVD that I've made installs successfully on my 64 bit laptop.

I've made 4 images describing my entire system which can be seen at http://joomeo.com/tony3 with username tony and password of yuuqk7.

Sorry for the poor file sharing, but I'm not so hot on that, but the pictures will fully describe my system.

Any help would be appreciated since I'd love to have LMDE13 64bit installed.

Many Thanks, Tony.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
dwainehead

Re: LMDE13 64 bit doesn't install, just a blank screen

Post by dwainehead »

try the fixes listed here http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.p ... 9&t=105733 and see if you can get it installed.
TonyMi

Post by TonyMi »

Hi dwainehead, Thanks for your help, unfortunately it didn't work.

I also tried 'compatibility Mode' boot. It gave different results whilst booting, but still no boot screen. Looks like I'm screwed. What is so annoying is that I never have this problem with Windows SW, so what is Mint doing wrong? I just hope the Mint team are reading this and taking these installation problems seriously.
moonPeople

Post by moonPeople »

I found on a HP Pavilion that the screen will automaticly dim durring boot.
try the bright f3 key , if it a laptop.
M_aD
Level 4
Level 4

Post by M_aD »

TonyMi wrote:
I've made a 64 bit LMDE 13 DVD
Any help would be appreciated since I'd love to have LMDE13 64bit installed.

Many Thanks, Tony.
Uhm.... LMDE 13? That doesn't exsist. Do you mean Linux Mint 13? If so this topic is just in the wrong place.

LMDE = Linux Mint Debian Edition and is released as LMDE 201204

Return to “LMDE Archive”