vertical XFCE panel appears in center instead of edge

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
mmutoo

vertical XFCE panel appears in center instead of edge

Post by mmutoo »

Hi all,
I have installed the XFCE version of LMDE. I usually use vertical panels. When I choose vertical for the panel, the panel appears in the center of the screen instead of the left edge. Does anybody have the same problem? is there an option I am missing?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
altair4
Level 20
Level 20

Re: vertical XFCE panel appears in center instead of edge

Post by altair4 »

Go back into Panel Preferences and de-select Lock Panel.

At the very top ( or bottom ) of the vertical panel you will see a small section of 2 rows of dots. Grab that section and move the entire panel to the left. When you have it where you want it select Lock Panel again to fix the position.
Please add a [SOLVED] at the end of your original subject header if your question has been answered and solved.
mmutoo

Post by mmutoo »

Many thanks altair4! I will try it when I get to my laptop :)
manofgod

Post by manofgod »

altair4 wrote:Go back into Panel Preferences and de-select Lock Panel.

At the very top ( or bottom ) of the vertical panel you will see a small section of 2 rows of dots. Grab that section and move the entire panel to the left. When you have it where you want it select Lock Panel again to fix the position.
Thanks a lot. I am a returning user of linuxmint. I moved out once lxde was stopped. Now started using xfce and felt like I should have made that switch at that time itself.
I also have my task bar like this. But now I want all the open items to be seen only as icons (like windows 7 style/crunchbang style) how do I d this? This will save lot of space on my netbook. Thanks a lot.
manofgod

Return to “LMDE Archive”