Why the glitches?

Chat about Linux in general
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
fwkjr149

Why the glitches?

Post by fwkjr149 »

I like the idea of linux distributions and all that but why all the glitches in the software? How come my DVD burning software takes 1/2 hour to burn an ISO image and then not work once its done. It just seems like the software is quirkey at best. I have this same problem with other software and it drains you after a while. I understand that it is free and all but shouldn't it work at least. Just a thought.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
remoulder
Level 17
Level 17

Re: Why the glitches?

Post by remoulder »

Your post is very similar to another where a very good explanation is given here. There seems no reason to go over the same ground yet again.
[Edit] your original post and add [SOLVED] once your question is resolved.

“The people are my God” stressing the factor determining man’s destiny lies within man not in anything outside man, and thereby defining man as the dominator and remoulder of the world.
nitehawk

Re: Why the glitches?

Post by nitehawk »

Hmmmmmm,..
fwkjr149,...
It might help if you could give specific problems you are having. It's true that I have had problems over the years with certain FOSS (free and open source) software . But at the same time, there have been just as many times that I have had software run like a top! Windows does me the same way,.....so it's not FOSS being somehow inferior to what mikkysoft does. Just happens.

Some times it's my hardware and computer that is causing the problems with the software.

BTW ....that other thread that was referenced really didn't seem all that helpful,..did it? :lol:

Return to “Chat about Linux”