Lenovo 3000 N200 laptop and "NO" cd/dvd rom drive solved

Questions about hardware, drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Husse

Re: Lenovo 3000 N200 laptop and "NO" cd/dvd rom drive

Post by Husse »

Is the DVD SATA?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Husse

Post by Husse »

SATA DVD seems to be a problem to an extent
The best I found looking for a solution was
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?p=4381230
but that's no good....
It's also difficult to search for this, too many irrelevant hits
Husse

Post by Husse »

What can I say - I suspect that there's more of this "hidden" crap that causes unexplained problems....

Post by Guest »

The final solution is to remove that particular LG drive altogether. I currently have a temporary unit in place that came out of a small dvd player. It took a little bit of adjusting of mounting brackets and the front plate but what I was able to show was that once the original optical drive was removed, the laptop could detect and use a normal optical drive.......The current "patch drive" is able to read both cd's and dvd's.....Am not as yet able to deal with movies for some reason, but at least it is now behaving more or less like a normal internal drive. The problem is purely to do with the LG GMA 4082N drive that this laptop comes with as its optical drive. From what I can see on the web, this drive is also causing considerable trouble elsewhere..So problem resolved......all based on what appears to be the faulty behaviour of an LG optical drive.

Return to “Hardware Support”