Multiple Monitors and the Window List

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Alchemek

Multiple Monitors and the Window List

Post by Alchemek »

You're all familiar with the window list in the panel, right? You can right-click and add it there, and it's supposed to be there by default. Anyway, the programs that I have open on the monitor the window list is not on isn't shown on the monitor that does have the window list. For example, I have the Pidgin buddy list open, and its presence is not indicated in the window list since it's on the monitor where the window list is not.

If I can make this more clear, please ask. I would like a solution for this, if there is one.

Thanks a lot.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
xpander

Re: Multiple Monitors and the Window List

Post by xpander »

depends what kind of dualmonitor setup u are using
im using nvidias twinview and window list is just fine with the programs on other monitor.

u are probably using separate xservers for ur monitors then, if they have those differences.
or maybe some other option for dual monitors.

it all depends what drivers u have.. prop drivers of amd and nvidia should have options to conf this in their settings (amd catalyst control center or nvidias nvidia-settings)
Alchemek

Post by Alchemek »

The interesting thing is that on Cinnamon I didn't have this problem. Also, worthy to mention, I can't get any proprietary drivers to work properly with my second monitor: the only thing I can do is mirror the first monitor.

So this is a problem specific to my video card? I have Mobility Radeon HD 5430.
xpander

Post by xpander »

maybe u have set up that 1 monitor is 1 workspace and second one is second workspace?
then u should rightclick on the windowlists little separator line and go to properties and mark to see programs from all workspaces.

just a wild guess
Alchemek

Post by Alchemek »

Doesn't seem to be the case, unfortunately, that one monitor is set to one workspace and the second another, so your solution doesn't work. Any other ideas? I can tolerate this problem, but of course I would prefer not to have it.

Thanks for your time so far.

Return to “MATE”