Linux Mint 13 Power Management

Questions about other topics - please check if your question fits better in another category before posting here
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
jribeiro

Linux Mint 13 Power Management

Post by jribeiro »

Linux Mint 13 Cinnamon. I'd like to go into suspend mode after some time. I'd like to set that system wide even when there is no user logged in. Is it possible? I was able to do that only for individual user. Thanks.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Tutmos

Re: Linux Mint 13 Power Management

Post by Tutmos »

And I want to know how to enable suspend on idle.
I'm using SSD and I have no swap partition. I've install linux Mint before a month, and the only thing that I hate is that it does not suspend on idle.
Tutmos

Re: Linux Mint 13 Power Management

Post by Tutmos »

My decision:
I read that post

http://vincent.bernat.im/en/blog/2011-g ... nager.html
and found that easiest way to suspend/hibernate my laptop- lenovo y570 on idle (3 minutes when on battery/5 hours when on AC) is to disable the
power configuration management in Linux Mint 13 Cinnamon and to install xfce4-power-manager

xfce4-power-manager is very simple and work fine except the dimming option, but I could live and without dimming my screen.
That power manager is based on D-bus messages.

- How to install?
1. To disable the standard power management do:

Code: Select all

gsettings set org.gnome.settings-daemon.plugins.power active false
After log off/log on you will not see any more the battery icon near the clock.
2. Install xfce4-power-manager 1.0.11 (current in repository) with that command:

sudo apt-get install xfce4-power-manager
3.run xfce4-power-manager, you can put it as startup program.
Workaround:
Because the min of the inactivity is 15 minutes and if you wish to managed minutes below the 15 you can use
that code below, be aware that 14 means DISABLED
(example for inactivity of 2 minutes)

xfconf-query -c xfce4-power-manager -p "/xfce4-power-manager/inactivity-on-battery" -s 2

Return to “Other topics”