Greetings everyone!

Welcome to newcomers! Don't hesitate to introduce yourself.
Forum rules
Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Eberbachl

Greetings everyone!

Post by Eberbachl »

Hi Everybody,

First post here, and first time Mint user. :D

I've been using Linux on and off since around Red Hat 7.3, and have been a full time Ubuntu user for about three or four years.

I thought I'd check out what all the fuss is about with Mint, and boy - I've got to say you guys have a stunning distribution on your hands! Congratulations, and thanks!

I've just installed it on one of my machines, a (work supplied) Dell Lattitude E6520, and everything (I mean everything!) is working right out of the box. fn keys, graphics, wired networking, wireless, dual displays (including screen orientation, extending onto the second display, and mirroring)... the lot.

Really... I'm stunned. I've been a big Ubuntu fan for quite a while now, but Unity has been getting me down a bit; this is the most successful Linux Experience I've had bar none. I don't think it will be long before Mint replaces Ubuntu 12.04 on all of my machines.

Thanks!

;)
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
The-Wizard

Re: Greetings everyone!

Post by The-Wizard »

G'day and welcome to the Mint family forums

wizard
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Post by xenopeek »

Hi Eberbachi, welcome to the Linux Mint forums :D Thanks for joining the forums! Always good to read a report of everything working out of the box on a laptop, that's pretty awesome!

Be sure also to check out the Community website (tutorials, hardware and software reviews, ideas), and the Cinnamon Spices website for adding even more themes, applets and extensions to Cinnamon.

You can also chat in real-time with other Linux Mint users. In the Mint Menu, in the Internet section, start the application XChat IRC. You will automatically get connected to #linuxmint-chat for general chat and #linuxmint-help for support with other Linux Mint users.

Have fun with Linux Mint :wink:
Eberbachl

Post by Eberbachl »

Thanks for the welcome guys, and yes; Vincent... this is the first Linux install I've ever done (and I've done a few) that has worked 100% out of the box on a laptop.

:D

Particularly, I didn't mention, I'm loving the Cinnamon interface. Very slick!

Return to “Introduce Yourself”