Google Voice Desktop Dialer

Contribute code & patches
Forum rules
No support questions here please

Google Voice Desktop Dialer

Postby mstng_67 on Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:13 am

I have written a desktop dialer application for Google Voice. My wife really likes it because all she has to do to make a call is type the numbers and click the call button. The app does the work; logs in to GV, places the call, logs out of GV. I'm interested in sharing with others. I would also like to know if some pyGTK gurus out there would be interested in writing some additional features for it (like drag-n-drop). My app is simply a GUI frontend for the "API" written by the folks at pygooglevoice. The real KUDOS goes to them. If anyone is interested in something like this, let me know and I will set it up on github or something (does mint have a git server where mint folks can post project code?).

Attached is a screenshot.

Very best regards,

Micheal
Attachments
Screenshot-GV Dialer.png
Google Voice Desktop Dialer Screenshot
Screenshot-GV Dialer.png (9.1 KiB) Viewed 4298 times
mstng_67
Level 3
Level 3

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Google Voice Desktop Dialer

Postby thenewguy on Sat Nov 27, 2010 7:43 pm

That looks pretty useful. Do you have a website or download location?
thenewguy
Level 3
Level 3

Postby mstng_67 on Fri Dec 03, 2010 1:40 am

Not currently. But I'll try to get it up on github or googlecode or something in the very near future. I'll post the location to the project in this thread.
mstng_67
Level 3
Level 3

Postby mfreeman on Mon May 07, 2012 2:27 pm

Any more news on getting a link for this? I've been wanting something like this for years! If you could offer a link, I'd appreciate it! Thank you!
mfreeman
Level 3
Level 3

Postby djpa on Thu Jul 19, 2012 2:16 pm

mfreeman wrote:Any more news on getting a link for this? I've been wanting something like this for years! If you could offer a link, I'd appreciate it! Thank you!

I'm currently working on something similar; it's not quite finished but the dialer should be fully functional. Let me know if you're still interested and I can send you the code. FYI: Mine's the same basic idea, pyGTK over pygooglevoice.
Attachments
gvoice_client.png
gvoice_client.png (16.74 KiB) Viewed 2606 times
djpa
Level 1
Level 1

Return to Code & Patches