How to expand my partition size

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
sunsina

How to expand my partition size

Post by sunsina »

I installed linux mint 13v Maya cinnamon 64bit in windows (using MINT4WIN) and I have both Windows 7 and LinuxMint on the same Hard Disk.
Since there was no options for MINT4WIN to offer me partiotion sizes :roll: bigger than 30 GB I am wondering how can I increase the partition size
in linux (I think I have to use gparted or other tools to change the partiotion size from bootable usb stick --> very difficult) or if there is any free application
in windows that I could use to expand my linux partition size without erasing or altering my windows and already installed linux and not damaging the bootmanager.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Oscar799
Level 20
Level 20

Re: How to expand my partition size

Post by Oscar799 »

Moved here by moderator
DGould

Post by DGould »

sunsina: I am running into the same problem using Mint 13 Maya MATE 64bit version on Vista. The only options mint4win gave me were to adjust the install size up to 30GB and to set my login ID and password. It then promptly ignored the ID/password information and set up a mint ID for login. The mint ID home directory had minimal space. Worse, I am not able to add any new programs to the setup. I haven't tried to upgrade since Mint 9, so I could be doing something wrong. But I don't recall having this sort of trouble the last time.
You can boot off the install CD so you load up the trial version of Linux (not loading windows), and then when you click on the install button on the desktop it will take you to a slightly different mint4win set up where you might be able to access the partition tables. Looked kinda questionable to me. Not sure I want to chance messing up my windows install at this point.
DGould

Post by DGould »

oops, cancel the last bit of my comment. I just looked at it again, and it doesn't look like accessing the partition tables through that method will allow you to set up a dual boot system with windows (unless you want to reinstall windows as well).

Return to “Installation & Boot”