Minecraft black screen help

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Yatsu

Minecraft black screen help

Post by Yatsu »

I'm not sure if this is the right p[lace to post this but I am running XFCE, I was running ubuntu and didnt have any problems with minecraft but I cant get it to work on mint I did delete my bin and .minecraft folder did try re installing them didnt work.

All that happens is it gets done loading the download screen then goes black. Java is up to date ect if anyone can help me that would be great.

Ok I just looked in my .minecraft folder and the only thing there is my bin folder and a log file...Not sure where saves and everything else is...
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Milandor

Re: Minecraft black screen help

Post by Milandor »

Hi,

I have the same problem but I use Cinematic, I think that do not exist a solution for mint :(
Yatsu

Post by Yatsu »

I found a few posts about it but I had no luck getting it to work. Are you 64 or 32 bit? Im 32 and I dont know if there is a 64 bit minecraft version or if it matters but a few files made me think it downloaded a 64 bit version. I can get other games to work tho like wakfu and I have 3D Acceleration. If anyone can come up with a fix that would be great I'm so sad I cant play minecraft :|
Milandor

Post by Milandor »

Yatsu wrote:I found a few posts about it but I had no luck getting it to work. Are you 64 or 32 bit? Im 32 and I dont know if there is a 64 bit minecraft version or if it matters but a few files made me think it downloaded a 64 bit version. I can get other games to work tho like wakfu and I have 3D Acceleration. If anyone can come up with a fix that would be great I'm so sad I cant play minecraft :|
I have the 64 version of Mint... what are the files and posts of you talk about the 64 bit version? I hope who is issue will be fixed...
Yatsu

Post by Yatsu »

Never mind that cant be it if your running 64 bit hmmm I keep trying to get it working about once a day for an hour or so not going well. =/ time to play some wakfu.
Milandor

Post by Milandor »

Yatsu wrote:Never mind that cant be it if your running 64 bit hmmm I keep trying to get it working about once a day for an hour or so not going well. =/ time to play some wakfu.
How is wakfu? it works well with mint? I try to leave minecraft for play another game :)
Yatsu

Post by Yatsu »

Wakfu is amazing its turn based but runs well. if you have a intel chip set you will end up with little graphical bugs some times, nothing game breaking you need 3D Acceleration. But the game is great there are so many classes and a lot of different builds for classes I would look up a build. Or make your own build but look them up so you know how to build. its really good on mint runs betetr on mint then ubuntu. Check out a review on Youtube.

It says its free to play but really its pay to play with a unlimited free trial but I'm yet to start paying to play because im still not done in the noob area lol. the game also has a lot of cool emotes. I just like that all the classes have so many builds almost everyone has a different build its like fighting a different class. There is Earth Water Air and fire builds. It makes the game so much fun.

Right now I'm play a eni the healing class trying to build crit air/water build its working really well for low lvls but builds that work well at a low lvl some times don't work well at high lvls vise versa. the game only costs 6$ a month to pay to play...Damn I wrote a lot, sorry about that, haha.
Milandor

Post by Milandor »

Good! thanks for informations! Anyway I have solved installing the version of openjava 6 on ubuntu 12.04 amd64.

Include by terminal this code:

Code: Select all

sudo apt-get install openjdk-6-jre
I suggest to remove before new version of java and try to install this release. Tell me if this work.
Yatsu

Post by Yatsu »

Ok I got it to work I just did this. Lol looks like we both found a fix to our problem xD

Code: Select all

sudo update-alternatives --config java
Milandor

Post by Milandor »

Well Done!

Return to “Xfce”