Linux Mint 13 Xfce RC released!

Releases and other announcements.
Please don't post support questions here
Forum rules
Section reserved for the team. You can reply to announcements here but not post new topics. Do not add support questions to threads here, use the appropriate support forum instead.
Monsta
Level 10
Level 10

Re: Linux Mint 13 Xfce RC released!

Post by Monsta »

Looks like the ISOs has been approved for stable release.
Some test cases are marked as failed or untested though, see http://community.linuxmint.com/iso/view/145 and http://community.linuxmint.com/iso/view/147 for more info.
Miami592

Post by Miami592 »

Right now the stable version is here:

ftp://ftp.heanet.ie/mirrors/linuxmint.com/stable/13/

The rest of the servers should have it up for download in a day or two.
Berkah

Post by Berkah »

Thanks for the news! Appreciate that help! :D
Adelante

Post by Adelante »

An early review, overall positive:

Review: Linux Mint 13 LTS "Maya" Xfce
l8night

Post by l8night »

Alas Mint 13 64bit is very unstable on my Dell Studio Xps 17 (i7 with 8g) laptop. I have tried all versions and have re-installed Mint 11 Gnome (which is fantastic),
it may be a 3rd party driver issue as I require the Broadcom STA proprietary wireless driver and the ATI/AMD propriety FGLRX graphics driver.
My issues are;
I have a logitec bluetooth mouse which worked with Mint11 but under Mint13 it would say it was connected but did not work, sometimes I could get it to work by removing it, rebooting and in connecting
(and the bluetooth interface is less user friendly)
the ATI/AMD FGLRX graphics driver did not work (caused odd graphic corruptions)
the X window manager dies after a few days (first time I though I'd broken it by installing Java7) the second time it dies I installed twm just to get to a point where I could save the files I was working on
after that twm seemed to be used as a fall back windowmanager and the only solution was a reinstall
and from then onwards my wifi stopped working. (thus I have returned to Mint11 which has been rock solid for the last year)

Return to “Releases & Announcements”