Netbook with full Graphic Support

Chat about anything related to Linux Mint
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Tripple_U

Netbook with full Graphic Support

Post by Tripple_U »

Hello together,

does anyone konw a netbook with full graphic support?
With my own (Acer Aspire One D270), the resolution with projectors suck and I want to select a netbook for a friend who would need to do presentations from time to time.

I'd be glad about any suggestions.

Thanks
Tripple U

(Sorry, just noticed that there is an extra graphics section. Don't know how to move this thread)
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
AlbertP
Level 16
Level 16

Re: Netbook with full Graphic Support

Post by AlbertP »

Does your netbook perhaps have PowerVR (aka Intel GMA 500 "Poulsbo", 600 "Lincroft", 3600 or 3650 "Cedar Trail/Cedar View") graphics?

Any netbook that does not have PowerVR or VIA graphics, i.e. Intel GMA 950, Nvidia ION or Radeon, should work.
Registered Linux User #528502
Feel free to correct me if I'm trying to write in Spanish, French or German.
Lord_Eager

Post by Lord_Eager »

Recent netb based on intel N2600 and N2800 use GMA36xx which is not usable on linux, no drivers support. This is defintely a great mistake made by intel which is going to lose a great part of linux users customers... Any based on AMD should work fine.
(Intel good support is till GMA945/950).
AlbertP
Level 16
Level 16

Post by AlbertP »

Lord_Eager wrote:(Intel good support is till GMA945/950)
You forgot Intel GMA 3150 which is integrated in the N400 and N500 series Atoms. This graphics is also still working. Later Atoms with a 4-digit number, as well as the Z series, use PowerVR.
Note that GMA 945 does not exist: the Intel 945GSE is the chipset used in many computers with 200 and 300 series Atoms, and GMA 950 is its integrated graphics.

In 2013, Intel will again release netbook chips with good graphics (probably a derivative of Intel HD Graphics 2500).
Registered Linux User #528502
Feel free to correct me if I'm trying to write in Spanish, French or German.

Return to “Chat about Linux Mint”