cant playback DVD without libdvdcss

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Husse

Re: cant playback DVD without libdvdcss

Post by Husse »

Your error is not with libdvdcss
Is this for all players, by default you have Totem and Movieplayer
Is it for all movies
When solved add solved to the subject line (edit)
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Fornhamfred
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Fornhamfred »

I have encountered this problem. I have just installed a Pioneer DVR 115D alongside my TSST DVD/Cd Rewriter. When trying to play DVDs on the Pioneer I got the same error but the DVD would play on the CD rewiter, this using Totem. M Player does not see the discs in either drive. I checked with Google and there are some very interesting articles on this problem on the ubuntu forum but all of the various items of additional software suggested are already installed by default in Mint.
I have PcLinux installed as well and the DVD's play in either drive using Kaffeine. I have resolved the problem by installing Kaffeine from the repros with synaptic and now every dvd I have tried plays without problems.

Edited: Have just booted up today to find that Kaffeine will not start up. Have tried uninstalling and re-installing but although Kaffeine is shown in the menu under and video nothing happens.
belovedmonster
Level 5
Level 5

Post by belovedmonster »

Does VLC not work?
Fornhamfred
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Fornhamfred »

Belovedmonster

Have downloaded VLC and it works fine. No further problems found so far. Kaffeine seems to work intermittantly.

Thanks for the advice.

Return to “Sound”