Installing Mint Menu in XFCE 13?

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
divot66
Level 1
Level 1

Installing Mint Menu in XFCE 13?

Post by divot66 »

Running from a usb stick. Installed mint menu from synaptic, right clicked on panel to add to panel and there is no mint menu applet. Added XF applet. Nothing. Log in log and and I can`t find it in the add to panel. What am I doing wrong? Thanks in advance.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
jjaythomas

Re: Installing Mint Menu in XFCE 13?

Post by jjaythomas »

Not sure with USB Stick... BUT

To add to panel must first add 'xfapplet' then pick from properties (right click)

From then on that "XFApplet' will be a 'MintMenu' (can us xfapplet other gnome/mate aplets also) :wink:

J.Jay
divot66
Level 1
Level 1

Post by divot66 »

Thanks J.Jay. I think running off a usb is the problem. Followed your instructions and only the network monitor shows up in the applet list . So I may just install on a spare partition and give it a go.
jjaythomas

Post by jjaythomas »

When I installed the 'xfapplet' mintmenu taged along with install (only option when xfapplet installed)
maybe can't already have mintmenu installed (xfapplet bring in XFCE configured one :?:

J.Jay
pipe1984

Post by pipe1984 »

I have added MintMenu. I have a problem with button EXIT or Shutdown isn't. I'm going to preferences> flap System and i see active all options but only is Close Session.

Any solution?
thanks

Return to “Xfce”