Welcome Screen

Questions about other topics - please check if your question fits better in another category before posting here
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
dendox

Welcome Screen

Post by dendox »

I have installed Linux Mint 13 Maya 64 bit version and have noticed that when I select "Welcome Screen" and then make a selection for a destination listed, the welcome screen window will not close and is on top of the destination window.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
w.edelberg
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Welcome Screen

Post by w.edelberg »

I had exactly the same issue with Linux Mint 13 "Maya" (Mate 32-bit edition).

Apparently, my web browser must already be open in order for the links in the Mint Welcome Screen to work (at least in my installation). I tried reinstalling mintwelcome; and tried setting my default browser application to "Firefox" (in Preferred Applications) -- but those measures didn't work. But I'm able to use the links in the Welcome Screen with the following procedure: After starting Linux, I close the Welcome Screen, then open my browser, then open the Welcome Screen again (in Preferences). I can then click on a Welcome Screen link such as "New Features", and then close the Welcome Screen after the relevant web page comes up.

Thank you Linux Mint developers for all you have done to make Linux Mint so terrific. I just coverted all three of my computers from Windows to Linux -- and what a difference!

-- Walter

Return to “Other topics”