[Solved] Sound problems with Wine.

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
spaceman

[Solved] Sound problems with Wine.

Post by spaceman »

It seems that whichever application (that uses audio) I launch first works fine, but no other applications can then output sound.
[EDIT]It's actually Wine when I start up Wine if there is no audio app running it will output sound, however starting up Banshee, for example, Banshee will not play. Neither will Audacious. However, shut down Wine and both Banshee and Audacious will both play, together if I want. Restart the Wine app with one of the players running and Wine will have no sound output.

I'm using Linux Mint 13 Maya MATE x64 I tested this with Cinnamon x64 and had identical results. I also run installs of Mint Katya i386 and Xubuntu 12:04 (i386) which both work fine. My next test is with the Maya MATE i386 version and see if this is Maya x64 issue or simply a Maya issue.

If anyone else knows more by all means move this to the appropraite sub-forum.

How can I go about getting the audio from all my apps and Wine to play nice together?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
spaceman

Re: Sound from one source at at time only

Post by spaceman »

I edited the orginal post above with new troubleshooting info, please suggest troubleshooting/information gathering steps so that I narrow down the problem. This may be a bug and I'd like to be able to isolate the issue and take us to a fix. I just need some advise on what info to collect to make my efforts valuable.

Thanks guys.
spaceman

Re: Sound problems with Wine.

Post by spaceman »

Well, thank you everyone for their input.

I added the Wine Team PPA and upgraded to Wine1.5-amd64 and this resolves this issue.

Return to “Sound”