Keyboard Backlight under Mate

Questions about hardware, drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
kaefert
Level 3
Level 3

Keyboard Backlight under Mate

Post by kaefert »

Hi there!

Yesterday I bought myself an Asus Zenbook UX32VD.
I downloaded and installed Linux Mint 13 "Maya" - Cinnamon (64-bit) on it.

After trying (and failing) for hours to get a setup with 3 screens (internal, hdmi & vga) to work, I installed the mate-desktop-environment. With Mate the multiple monitors worked right away and were beautifully easy to configure.

But now with mate I have another problem:

The fn+F3 and fn+F4 keys which control the keyboard background elumination don't work under Mate. In cinnamon they worked after upgrading to the 3.5.0-6-generic kernel from the xorg-edgers ppa, and most of the fn+* key combinations still work under mate, which they did not do with the 3.2.x kernel that came with the default installation
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Aibo

Sorry, a little unrelated ...

Post by Aibo »

I am looking to getting th Asus zen book too. Are you dual booting? It comes pre-installed with win 7 and I was planning on keeping it, but living 99% of the time in LinuxMint. Although I have no experience with hybrid drives and dual booting.

Thanks!

Return to “Hardware Support”