Linux Mint logo stickers are useless

Suggestions and feedback for Linux Mint and the forums
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read: Where to post ideas & feature requests
nathanjh13
Level 3
Level 3

Linux Mint logo stickers are useless

Post by nathanjh13 »

When I search for Linux Mint stickers, at least ones that are large enough to be worth having, it's just the LM logo.

http://www.zazzle.co.uk/linux_mint_stic ... 3679411830

This means nothing unless a person is already familiar with the brand in the first place.

If companies are approached to stock LM stickers and shirts, at least make sure the name Linux Mint is shown in full (or at least "Linux" itself) is mentioned.

There's little point in promoting it to ourselves.
Best
Nathan
Rudemeister

Re: Linux Mint logo stickers are useless

Post by Rudemeister »

Put a URL on it too.
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Post by xenopeek »

How about these ones? http://www.librestickers.com/

Libre Stickers also donates back portion of the sale to the Linux Mint project.
Rudemeister

Post by Rudemeister »

If merchandise is going to be used to promote a product, it is a good idea to examine how you are going to execute this strategy. If a shirt, sticker, or coffee cup has just a logo on it, this is usually done by marketers to reinforce brand name recognition. Linux Mint needs to promote in order to break out of the "Techie Only" to find real growth in a consumer market. Those consumers need to be informed what Linux even is. Otherwise, this promotional merchandise will just be cool to the inner circle of it's already won fans. Trying to gain brand name product recognition to those unfamiliar with it, does not work very well.

I think Linux Mint is such a great product that needs to be demonstrated to others outside the present fan base. Evangelism should be geared toward winning new converts.

To that end, there is going to be a difficulty in doing this. I saw an interview with Linus Torvalds and he made some good points. He said Linux on the desktop will only win, when it is preloaded on machines.

http://youtu.be/KFKxlYNfT_o

I agree with Linus Torvalds. Knowing this, I would aim promotional gear toward potential OEM's that would preload Linux Mint on their hardware. I would try to get makers of commodity PC's interested too. These OEM's try to sell their systems into the largest market, consumers. This is the hardware that will buy the games from companies like Valve. Valve is porting their steam platform and games to Linux. Hopefully Linux on the desktop will gain momentum.

Successful promotion is not going to be easy to figure out. But it looks like some long awaited opportunities for desktop Linux might be finally happening.
Ishwon

Post by Ishwon »

I strongly feel the wordings 'Linux Mint' are important to grab attention.

Although Linux Mint is gaining momentum, many still do not recognize the logo.
Pierre
Level 21
Level 21

Post by Pierre »

I got ordered & have now received some "powered by" stickers.

I got some for - Mepis && Mint && Ubuntu

they now cover the "vista installed" sticker that was on several laptop's :)

- the 'Intel' sticker is still visible - though . ..
Please edit your original post title to include [SOLVED] - when your problem is solved!
and DO LOOK at those Unanswered Topics - - you may be able to answer some!.
anandrkris

Post by anandrkris »

I've got few stickers ordered by http://www.librestickers.com and they even have the tag line "from freedom came elegance"....You could try them.

Return to “Suggestions & Feedback”