Make Video Commercials

Suggestions and feedback for Linux Mint and the forums
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read: Where to post ideas & feature requests
Rudemeister

Make Video Commercials

Post by Rudemeister »

Make video commercials and seed them everywhere you can think of. First Mint should produce 2 or 3 professionally done good 1 minute videos. The content, filmography and acting has to be good too. I would do these:

(1) Guys sitting with their laptops as another guy walks by
Here are 3 guys sitting next to each other using their laptops. You see only the back of the laptops first and you see their faces over the tops peering into the screens. The 1st guy comments on how he has to pay to renew his anti-virus for Windows, he is getting BSODs and how his kids keep breaking his installation. His is over weight and disheveled. The second guy is kind of smurking about how is Mac doesn't have those problems, but his wife wants one too and they cost twice what the first guys similar PC did. He can't afford it. He looks 30-ish and well groomed. The third guy is just smiling as you here his keyboard cheerily clicking away. He is the best looking of the 3 but the same age. A 4th guys walks in past and behind the other 3. He says sorry to the first guy. Says cha ching and ouch to the second guy and says to the third guy, hey that's really nice. What did you pay for that? Camera focuses in on third guys face as he smile gets bigger as he winks. Fades to laptop screen with Linux Mint Logo some app icons and a url of where to go and get it and the words free and freedom.

(2) Show a guy installing it himself
The fourth guy from the last video is behind his laptop this time with a big grin. You can here him cheerily clicking away on his mouse and keyboard. The first Windows guy walks in behind him and asks him what that cool thing is. Guy at laptop says he put Mint on his computer and every works, looks good and is faster. Oh and did I say it was free? Windows guy looks astonished and still disheveled. Says, "Wow, as in beer" Now camera focuses in on guy at laptop and he winks and grins also. Fade again to screen with some of same as before but with more information scrolling on it.

(3) Remember Apple's video with the woman runner and sledge hammer?
Show the Mint guy from first video running towards a screen with a sledge hammer in a running outfit with the Mint logo and URL. On the screen are the 2 guys from the first video. Sitting, dirty sweaty and chained to their computers. Mint guy jumps through screen, breaks chains and frees two enslaved guys. Fade to the 2 previously enslaved guys sitting clean and happy in front of their PC's now. Fade to grin and wink from both of them. Go to screen with Mint logo, icons, information and freedom statement.

Post them on YouTube and everywhere else. Pay somebody to do this for Mint and to promote Mint everywhere else on the planet.

You could do a public drive for volunteers and/or funds to produce the videos here on the website. Do the same on every other Linux website as a press release. Send to user's groups too. Accumulate a mailing list for Mint customers and send to them regularly

I can think of more. I'll share that later.

:D
sagirfahmid3

Re: Make Video Commercials

Post by sagirfahmid3 »

Riiight...and who exactly will provide the $$$$$ for these commercials?
This is Linux and it's run on donations. Whatever amount of money the devs and the Mint project make comes from sponsorships, advertisements on this site and donators. Running a commercial on TELEVISION? that is simply out of the question for now. But on YOUTUBE? that is very possible indeed.

http://www.answerbag.com/q_view/1866078
The cost to make a TV commercial varies widely, depending upon production costs and the cost of airing the commercial. According to Gaebler Resources for Entrepreneurs, the average cost to produce a commercial for TV is $350,000. The average cost for a 30-second airtime spot is around $100,000, assuming you don't run your commercial during the Superbowl, which averages $2.4 million.
Rudemeister

Post by Rudemeister »

sagirfahmid3 wrote:Running a commercial on TELEVISION? that is simply out of the question for now. But on YOUTUBE? that is very possible indeed.
Ugh. My bad. I actually did not mean to put TV commercials on broadcast TV. Bad choice of verbiage. I know how expensive and stupid that would be. I did mean youtube and that type though. I still think they should be produced, but by the most economical means possible. Does that sound more rational? :)
nomko

Post by nomko »

Rudemeister wrote: (1) Guys sitting with their laptops as another guy walks by

(2) Show a guy installing it himself

(3) Remember Apple's video with the woman runner and sledge hammer?
number 1: That's a good one! bashing other operating systems! That shows the world some arrogancy! Good reason to choose Linux: Be arrogant, join the Windows bashing club!

number 2: not so subtle

number 3: As long as that freedom statement is shown good enough, i can life with this one.

But number 1 and 2......it's more like bashing around on other operating systems instead of showing the benefits of Linux and/or Mint.
Last edited by nomko on Sun Jul 29, 2012 8:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rudemeister

Post by Rudemeister »

nomko wrote:
Rudemeister wrote:That shows the world some arrogancy!
I don't think it sounds arrogant at all.
Rudemeister

Post by Rudemeister »

Linux VS Windows funny videos

http://youtu.be/LAr3XbqUbjo

http://youtu.be/W9_DQjQbtTY

Hah hah hah hah!

:lol:
nomko

Post by nomko »

Rudemeister wrote:
nomko wrote:
Rudemeister wrote:That shows the world some arrogancy!
I don't think it sounds arrogant at all.
Yes is it, pointing out other's defect's in favour of yourself (in this case Linux) is arrogant. Stay to the base of Linux: free-to-use software, good support, easy to use, stable and safe. Pointing fingers to Microsoft or Apple and shouting that they are so bad and you're so good is arrogant. Period.
Rudemeister

Post by Rudemeister »

nomko wrote:Yes is it, pointing out other's defect's in favour of yourself (in this case Linux) is arrogant. Stay to the base of Linux: free-to-use software, good support, easy to use, stable and safe. Pointing fingers to Microsoft or Apple and shouting that they are so bad and you're so good is arrogant. Period.
You are entitled to your opinion. But I disagree.
nomko

Post by nomko »

You are entitled to your opinion. But I disagree.
Yeah....ur nickname says more than enough about you....
Rudemeister

Post by Rudemeister »

nomko wrote:Yeah....ur nickname says more than enough about you....
My nickname is that because my real name is Rudy and friends have made that up. That is what my friends call me. I also never personally insulted you. I said you are entitled to your opinion. Your messages are reminiscent of an very sensitive person. If I have offended you, I apologize. Are you a teenage girl? There is nothing wrong with disagreeing agreeably. It would have been proper to send any personal insults via a private message. But you chose to do it publicly. Hmmmm. Makes me wonder about you.

:lol:
zerozero

Post by zerozero »

let's please stay on topic :wink: the last posts are not going in the right direction.

Return to “Suggestions & Feedback”