Put Promotional Media on All ISO's

Suggestions and feedback for Linux Mint and the forums
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read: Where to post ideas & feature requests
Rudemeister

Put Promotional Media on All ISO's

Post by Rudemeister »

On all the ISO's put document files with facts and instructions that will install in the users Documents folder in their home. Also put the videos I mentioned and more harvested from other users in the Videos of home. Put Mint Logos in XCF, PNG and SVG format in the Pictures of all in stallions homes. That way, promotional material get automatically put in the hands of all users.
sagirfahmid3

Re: Put Promotional Media on All ISO's

Post by sagirfahmid3 »

The idea is good, but adding videos and promotional media will take up a lot of space; in many countries you have to pay for extra bandwidth usage so it's not good.
Also, videos don't like being compressed (the .iso that you download to install any of the Linuxes is a compressed filesystem, containing anywhere from 2-3GBs of data)--if you added videos and other fancy promotional stuff inside the .iso, it would easily reach onwards of 1GB+

But, PDF's are a good idea; they can be compressed very very well.
Rudemeister

Post by Rudemeister »

sagirfahmid3 wrote:The idea is good, but adding videos and promotional media will take up a lot of space; in many countries you have to pay for extra bandwidth usage so it's not good. Also, videos don't like being compressed (the .iso that you download to install any of the Linuxes is a compressed filesystem, containing anywhere from 2-3GBs of data)--if you added videos and other fancy promotional stuff inside the .iso, it would easily reach onwards of 1GB+ But, PDF's are a good idea; they can be compressed very very well.
Well, you could be very discriminating with your videos and just put 2 or 3 short ones on there. SVG, PNG logos would be good. That won't take hardly any room. PDF's, of course. I think people would be annoyed if you filled an ISO with too much shovelware too. I never really intended to load up the ISO. Just some key items.
sagirfahmid3

Post by sagirfahmid3 »

SVG, PNG logos would be good. That won't take hardly any room.
:lol: :lol: I think Mint already makes it pretty clear how unique they are by making the whole OS "green" including the themes, icons, and logos.
THAT right there, is already a powerful image for Mint and gets its point across--"Use Linux Mint! The greenest, mintiest, and freshest OS around!"

Return to “Suggestions & Feedback”