Pleased to meet you all, mate.

Welcome to newcomers! Don't hesitate to introduce yourself.
Forum rules
Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
gogo415

Pleased to meet you all, mate.

Post by gogo415 »

Hello, i'm new linux user from Indonesia. I have tried three different linux mint distribution. Maya Mate 64, Maya Cinnamon 32, and trying linux mint 13 kde right now. In my opinion, cinnamon is beautiful, but crashes a lot(mostly on login screen) with my gpu's(ati hd 4670) driver. mate 64 bit has better perfomance, and linux mint 13 kde has everything for me. i want to take a step to learn all of linux complexity from this forum (yes, i am a former WindOs dumb user). so, may i ask you where i should start to learn this exiting complexity?. i have learnt some tutorial here, and apparently shocked with the great amount of "lessons" that i've found. apt,dpkg,cli,grub, and many more topics here that i don't understand yet.
that's all from me, thank you very much for your great distros and supports.
Gogo415.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
The-Wizard

Re: Pleased to meet you all, mate.

Post by The-Wizard »

Welcome the the Mint family forums

wizard
defcon

Post by defcon »

Welcome to the forum :)
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Post by xenopeek »

Hi gogo415, welcome to the Linux Mint forums :D Thanks for joining the forums! As for learning about all the Linux complexity, perhaps focus on two or three topics you want to start learning about and expand from there. The KDE UserBase Wiki may be helpful to learn more about KDE, with a good introduction to KDE, a jargon file and a set of tutorials. If you want to learn about the command line, an excellent starting tutorial is here: http://en.flossmanuals.net/command-line/index/.

Be sure also to check out the Community website (tutorials, hardware and software reviews, ideas). You can also chat in real-time with other Linux Mint users. In the KDE Menu, in the Internet section, start the application Quassel IRC. After a short setup of your account you will be connected to #linuxmint-chat for general chat and #linuxmint-help for support with other Linux Mint users.

Have fun with Linux Mint :wink:
jesica

Post by jesica »

Good day and welcome to the forum
warunasanjaya1414

Post by warunasanjaya1414 »

gogo415 you may find interesting things here-http://www.linuxmint.com/documentation.php
gogo415

Post by gogo415 »

i've found the tutorial about bash is quite interesting yet challenging. i've tried to write some shell script and suprisingly it's not very difficult to do(thanks for your guide, vincent). now i really want to learn about compiling app from source, using make, cmake, ccmake, and make install. fortunately, i have found many guide that i need in this great forum(newbie sections, of course :D ). unfortunately, it's too many of them :o . i think "having fun with linux" == "satisfy the curiosty about your computer". and yes, i'm having fun with linux mint maya with kde/openbox/blackbox wm.
regards,
gogo415

Return to “Introduce Yourself”